Buy your Tickets
Use the grey filter buttons below to find what you are looking for….
There are four types of tickets:
- A Festival Pass (also known as an Early Bird Pass) gets you a non transferable pass to all shows for one person. You get a non-removable arm band for the length of the Festival: $165 each for Wanaka and $49 each for Queenstown. You do not need to book for any show, just turn up 10 minutes before the start time. ***NOTE: new for 2024 is that you are not permitted to leave jackets on seats to reserve them between shows. Sorry, but we had several complaints in 2023.
- A Platinum Pass is a fully transferable pass for you and your friends, work colleagues or family to use to all shows on at the Lake Wanaka Centre: $295. ***NOTE: new for 2024 is that you are not permitted to leave jackets on seats to reserve them between shows.
- Single Session Tickets: $20 – $45, sold from May 21 onwards. There is $5-$10 discount for youth (under 18).
- ONLINE EVENT: An Online Festival Pass costs $59.95, It consists of a Uscreen access code for the Online Festival, July 1 to 31.
The Wanaka Festival Pass (also known as an Early Bird Pass) costs $165 gets you a seat to all the films, speakers and book events at the Lake Wanaka Centre.
The Queenstown Festival Pass ($49) gets you a seat to all the films and speakers at the Memorial Centre.
NOTE: If you are signed up to our Newsletter, you hear about them earlier.
Festival Passes are not transferable to another person and you must wear a shower proof ID. Holders of a Festival Pass do not need to book for any show, just turn up 10 minutes before the start time.
You can call the ticket office on ph: 020 4084 8775 (Only from May 23 to July 1), and there is no answer service, so if we don’t answer please send us a text to be called back.
There are a limited number.
There are limited Single Session admission tickets available to each seating, priced from $20 to $40. This will get you into a session of films and sometimes a speaker.
A Festival Pass gets you a seat to all the films and speakers and there are a limited number. Festival Pass tickets are not transferable to another person and Festival Pass holders will receive an armband.
You can also call the ticket office on ph: 020 4084 8775 (May 21 to June 28 and there is no answer service, so if we don’t answer please send us a text to be called back).
Single Session admission tickets are sold to each Session, priced from $20 to $45. You must pre-buy the tickets online. This will get you into a 2 to 2.5 hour session of films and sometimes a speaker.
You can also call the ticket office on ph: 020 4084 8775 (Only from May 21 to June 28, and there is no answer service, so if we don’t answer please send us a text to be called back).
A Platinum Pass is a fully transferable Wanaka pass anyone can use, to any show and cost $295 each.
- What Personal Information Do We Collect?
- How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
- Third Party Communication of Your Personal Information
- Opting Out of Our communications
- Refund Policy
- Cancellation Policy
2. WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
Some information collection is required to receive NZMFF communications. Information that you provide when registering may include:
• First and last name
• Email address
Personal information is also collected when you participate in one of our contests or surveys. This information may include your name, email address and street address, telephone number, and the answers to survey questions.
3. HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
The NZ Mountain Film Festival Charitable Trust uses your personal information to deliver newsletters via Vertical Response (a web based newsletter system), which may contain content such as breaking news about the annual NZMFF, information about upcoming NZMFF local and national events, and promotions for ticket sales, official merchandise, and other revenue-generating elements of our non-profit registered charity.
4. THIRD PARTY COMMUNICATION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The NZ Mountain Film Festival Charitable Trust is committed to maintaining the privacy of our valued filmgoers. We do not sell or rent your personal information to any organisation.
a. Your information is never used for purposes other than those for which it was originally collected;
b. Your personal information (including email address) is never shared or distributed to unauthorised parties, and is kept private. We do not pass on any information to our sponsors.
The NZ Mountain Film Festival Charitable Trust’s website (mountainfilm.nz) contains links to other websites. The NZ Mountain Film Festival Charitable Trust is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites. Please visit the privacy policies of these third party sites in order to understand their privacy and data collection practices.
From time to time, we may reveal general statistical information about our site, such as number of visitors, pages viewed, etc., but we will never reference visitors’ names or specific addresses.
5. OPTING OUT OF OUR COMMUNICATIONS
We strive to only send e-mail to those who want to receive it. If you would not like to receive future e-mails from us, please use the ‘unsubscribe’ link located at the bottom of our email communications.
6. REFUND POLICY
COVID-19 Policy. If you are feeling unwell please get in touch and we will refund your tickets.
If you buy a Festival Pass and get stuck in snow, sick or just can’t make it for some reason please call us ASAP. We will try and on-sell your ticket as these tickets always sell out and people usually want them on the opening day of the festival. But please call us immediately. If you don’t tell us and/or we can’t sell them, then you don’t get a refund sorry.
We are happy to refund Single Session Tickets if you let us know an hour before the show starts.
All prices are in the New Zealand Dollar (unless noted).
7. CANCELLATION POLICY
If the NZMFF cancels any or all shows, it will refund all pre-sold tickets in full.
If Ministry of Health guidelines for events change, we may have to cancel and refund some people’s tickets to meet capacity requirements. It will be based on the order tickets were bought in.
Issued by the NZ Mountain Film Festival Charitable Trust April 2023.