There are three steps in the entry process:
- Fill in and click on the Submit button on the online entry form below
- You will be sent a confirmation email with a link to pay the NZ$25 entry fee. Note if you do not receive this confirmation email please contact us to see if we have received your entry -you may have made a mistake in your email address (Entry is free for films shorter than 10 minutes).
- Ensure you have sent us a link to download (preferred) or preview your movie.
2024 NZ Mountain Film Festival Entry Form
- All entries will be viewed prior to the festival by a pre-selection committee chaired by the Festival Director. Finalists chosen by this committee will be screened by the public over the festival. Winners will be announced approximately 4 weeks prior to the festival. The jury reserves the right not to make an award, and its decision will be final.
- The Judges reserve the right to withhold prizes in any category they consider not to be of a sufficiently high standard. Their decision will be final and neither the judges nor the organisers will enter into any correspondence regarding their decisions.
- All cash prizes are in New Zealand and American dollars as stipulated.
- Awards may be presented to the director or the producer of the film.
- Special Jury Awards may be given to films deserving recognition.
- Entries are not limited to one award and many films could fit into a couple of categories.
- Please indicate if you are also entering the New Zealand filmmakers category.
- The dispatching of any entry to the festival implies acceptance of these procedures and regulations by the entrant.
- Entries can be of any duration, in either: narrative, story, animated or experimental art form, and can be submitted by professional or amateur filmmakers.
- Filmmakers from any country may enter the festival.
- The Best New Zealand made film prize must be collected by a New Zealand citizen or resident, but need not necessarily be filmed in New Zealand.
- The judges decision will be final.
- Entries with soundtracks in any language other than English MUST be accompanied by an English translation in sub titles and/or narrative.
- Entries MUST be accompanied by a summary of the film.
- Films must either be in English, or have English subtitles.
- An admission charge will be made to the public in order to defray the costs of the festival.
- Receipt of entries will be acknowledged by the festival organisers as long as the correct e-mail address is supplied and ONLY if a request made.
- Finalists will be notified by June 1st, 2024.
- The entrant acknowledges and agrees that all maters not covered by these Regulations, and questions arising from them, will be decided by festival organisers or the festival jury at their sole discretion.
We like all films to be supplied as .mov or .mp4 files with dimensions of 1920 x 1080. 1080p and h264 codec.
Entries can be a DVD posted to us but we prefer to download a computer file via your FTP, our dropbox or from your Vimeo site. PAL standard preferred (but NTSC accepted). DVD’s SHOULD NOT be copy protected as the films will be copied onto a hard drive for screening during the festival. All computer files and DVDs are destroyed after the festival and we take great pride in not sharing your hard work with ANYONE. We download all films for judging in April/May.
Entries should be accompanied by two images from the film for the festival promotional use. Photos saved as jpegs can be posted or e-mailed.
Please include a compressed press kit and a brief director’s CV, if available.
By entering into the festival, the entrant represents and warrants that:
i. It has the authority to enter the film in the festival.
ii. It owns all rights, title and interest, including the copyright and all intellectual property rights, in and to the film being submitted to the festival and has the rights to distribute, exhibit and promote the film in or through all media formats.
iii. No material in the film being submitted by the entrant to the festival is libellous or defamatory or violates and rights of privacy or publicity of any person and the full use of the rights in such film will not violate any rights, including copyright or moral rights, of any person, firm or corporation.
The entrant agrees to indemnity the NZ Mountain Film Festival, their respective successors, licensees, and their respective officers, directors, members, agents and employees and hold them harmless from and against any and all claims, liability, losses, damages, costs, expenses (including reasonable legal fees), and penalties arising out of, resulting from, based upon or incurred because of a breach by the entrant of any statement, representation or warranty made by the entrant in the entry form, these procedures and regulations.
Any other questions or inquires should be directed to the Festival Director, Mark Sedon.