The doors open on the 20th NZ Mountain Film and Book Festival tonight! We kick off this year’s event at 7pm at the Lake Wānaka Centre, 89 Ardmore Street – look for the prayer flags! Welcome to all of our audience who have travelled to Wānaka, and welcome back to our local loyal festival-goers. We’re stoked to have you joining us to celebrate two decades of festival fun! Enjoy the art exhibition, trade show and live music from Mount Aspiring College students while you catch up with friends before the show officially starts at 8pm.
Covid: yes we do have to talk about that dam virus again. PLEASE do not come to the festival if you have any cold or flu symptoms. Get in touch we’ll give you a refund and make sure you can view the show online. We want everyone to feel safe at the event, so our staff will all be wearing masks, feel free to wear your own should you wish to. Thank you for allowing everyone to make their own decision.
For those who can’t make it, the Online Festival also kicks off tonight with the first session going live at 8.15pm! Sign up here.
More about the Online Festival
Tickets are still available to most sessions at the Lake Wānaka Centre but if you can’t join us, why not watch the films online. Festival films (excluding those in the Vicennial Celebration Sessions) will be broadcast online in NZ and Australia from June 24 until July 24. As the sessions screen live, we will open up access to online viewing. You can then watch them any time until July 24 with as many people as you like. Set up a big screen, cook up some popcorn and grab a glass of your favourite drink to enjoy!
There will be two types of online tickets:
– Option One: An Online Festival Pass to watch all of the festival sessions on one device (NZ$49.95).
– Option Two: One session of films (2 – 3hrs) through a link valid for 24 hours on one device (NZ$9.95).
A few things you need to know
– Ticketing – if you are having trouble finding your tickets, try searching for an email from Humanitix (our ticketing company).
– Phones – turn them off please, even texting is invasive to other people’s festival experience.
– Cushions and comfort – bring your own if you wish!
– Credit cards accepted online (no fees) and at the venue. We also have payWave at the café/bar.
Lake Wanaka Centre ticket window hours:
• Friday: 5.00pm to 8.00pm.
• Saturday and Sunday: 10.30am to 8.00pm.
• Monday to Wednesday: 30 minutes before show start times
If you need help phone 020-4084-8775 – there is no answerphone, please text for a call back.
Thanks for reading and see you tonight in Wanaka and June 30 in Queenstown!